Location: Boston, MA
EnBiotix is currently looking for a Senior Research Scientist for our engineered bacteriophage program. The successful applicant will have a background in bacteriophage, virology, bacterial, and/or yeast molecular biology and biochemistry. Industrial experience is a plus.
- Develop robust screen or selection methods for optimizing engineered phage function, such as phage stability, host recognition, and phage infection parameters
- Develop and implement quantitative, validated assays using commercial phage display for engineered phage payload selection against defined bacterial targets
- Analysis and optimization of phage trans-gene expression in engineered phage
- Characterization and modification of phage spectrum against pathogenic bacteria
- Work to plan in highly parallel manner with other team members
- Presents data and interpretation of results to the team in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Key Attributes and Skills:
- Strong general scientific understanding of bacteriophage life cycles at the molecular level. Research experience with non-domesticated phages preferred.
- Competency with PCR, gel electrophoresis, nucleic acid isolation, gene cloning, DNA assembly, protein purification, and assay development
- Highly motivated and independent self-starter
The successful applicant will have a Ph.D. degree in a field of biological science plus a minimum of two years of prior relevant laboratory experience. Authorization to work in the US is required for this position. EnBiotix is based at LabCentral, 700 Main St., Cambridge, MA. If interested and qualified, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Sr. Scientist- Bacteriophage in the subject line.