Novel, Potent Broad-Spectrum Antimicrobial Peptides
EnBiotix is advancing development of a portfolio of antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) acquired as result of the acquisition of AMP Therapeutics GmbH and a collaboration with Leipzig University.
Extensive preclinical development to date has shown these insect-derived antimicrobial peptides as:
- Very potent with MICs comparable to small molecules
- Broad spectrum (Gram- and Gram+ coverage)
- Showing positive animal model model results
- Having rapid bacterial cell penetration but no mammalian cell penetration or cytotoxicity/hemolysis
These AMPs have significant potential both as payloads for engineered phage and as stand-alone therapeutics:
- AMPs for engineered phage payloads and recognition provides plug-and-play potential
- Addressable indications as stand-alone therapeutics include HAP/VAP, cUTI, cIAI, and ABSSSI
Development of these molecules to date has been funded by a combination of public grants and private financing.